If you’re not sure how to set up your new finned family members’ home, then Aqueon’s LED Fish Aquarium Starter Kit is the perfect place to start! This kit comes with the essentials, including a USA-made 10-gallon glass aquarium, a low-profile LED hood, a QuietFlow LED Pro Power Filter with a medium cartridge, a 50W preset heater, premium fish food, water conditioner, a fishnet, and a thermometer. The sleek hood features a feeding door in the front, an area in the back for additional accessories, plus cool white LED lighting located inside to keep the tank illuminated. For easy maintenance, the filter has a unique LED light that will flash when it’s time to change the cartridge! The ammonia filter pad, five-stage filtration, and water conditioner will all help keep the water clean and your scaly sidekicks safe.
Dimenions: 20-1/4″ x 10-1/2″ x 12-9/16
- Low profile full hood contains vibrant cool white LED lighting to bring your aquatic environment to life
- QuietFlow 10 LED PRO power filter has a red LED light that flashes to indicate when it’s time to change the cartridge – no more guessing!
- The preset heater will keep your aquarium temperature at a constant 78 degrees, appropriate for most tropical fish
- Complete setup guide included
- Complete aquarium kit includes: 10-gallon glass aquarium, low profile LED full hood, QuietFlow 10 LED PRO power filter with a medium cartridge, 50W preset heater, premium fish food, water conditioner, fish net, stick-on thermometer
- Low profile LED full hood
- QuietFlow 10 LED PRO power filter with medium cartridge
- 50W preset heater
- Premium fish food
- Water conditioner
- Stick-on thermometer.
- Fish, gravel, and décor are sold separately.
- Because this starter kit contains glass, it will be shipped in special packaging for added protection.
From the manufacturer
Aqueon LED boxed fish tank kits offer a complete habitat with vibrant LED lighting to bring the aquarium to life. The energy-saving low-profile hood features cool white LEDs for total illumination, a convenient feeding door in the front, and breakout sections in the back for popular accessories. Complete with high-quality components needed for a healthy aquatic environment, including a heater, QuietFlow LED PRO power filter, fish food, water conditioner, fishnet, and a stick-on thermometer. A complete guide is also included to walk you through the process of proper aquarium setup. The Aqueon QuietFlow LED PRO filter will make maintenance super easy. Its patent-pending LED on the top of the filter will start flashing when it’s time to change the cartridge – no more guessing! In addition, the enhanced five-stage filtration and included ammonia specialty filter pad will help keep your aquarium water clean and your fish healthy. The aquarium is made in the USA and measures 20-1/4″ x 10-1/2″ x 12-9/16“. Fish, gravel, and décor are sold separately.
Aqueon Aquarium Fish Tank Starter Kits
LED Equipped Hood
It contains three sets of three LED modules for total illumination.
Preset Submersible Heater
Shatter-resistant, auto safety shut-off, LED indicator.
QuietFlow Power Filtration
LED light indicates when it’s time to change the cartridge.
Accessories and Samples
Setup guide, food, water care samples, fishnet, and thermometer for getting started.
Place the aquarium on a stand
Make sure the stand and aquarium are level on all sides, and only use furniture designed to hold the weight of a filled aquarium. (aquarium stand sold separately).
Purchase your favorite gravel style (not included inside the kit) and rinse it before adding it to the aquarium. Layer gravel at the bottom of the aquarium 1 – 3 inches deep.
Purchase your chosen decor pieces (not included inside the kit). After finding a location inside the aquarium, cover the base of the plants with gravel to hold them securely in place.
Add Water & Water Conditioner
Use room temperature water and pour overhand to avoid moving decor. Fill aquarium 1/2-inch from the top of the frame — always use Water Conditioner when adding water to the aquarium.
Add Filter and Rinse Cartridge
Rinse the filter cartridge and follow the filter instructions. Place the filter on the aquarium in the desired location.
Add Heater and Thermometer
Stick a thermometer in the desired place on the aquarium suction heater to the back of the aquarium.
Place Light Hood on the Aquarium
Ensure heater and filter cords flow through the openings in the light hood to ensure a proper, snug fit.
Wait for 24 hrs, add Fish.
Purchase your favorite fish! Place the sealed bag with the fish inside the aquarium for at least 20 minutes to allow them to get used to the water temperature. Then, release them into the tank by gently scooping them out of the bag with the fishnet. It is important not to add more than a few fish at once or overload the aquarium with fish.
Lab Certified Flow Rate
100 Gallons per hour.
Five-Stage Advanced Filtration
- Stage 1 – Dense floss removes particles and debris
- Stage 2 – Activated carbon removes toxins, odors, and discoloration
- Stage 3 – Patented Bio-Holster removes toxic ammonia and nitrites
- Stage 4 – Bio-Media grid removes additional toxins while adding oxygen for more active fish, also reduces splashing, and makes water return quiet
- Stage 5 – A special filter pad provides another stage of water treatment before the water returns to the aquarium